Protecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal data is held securely is very important to Sono-System AG. We want you to be assured that we protect your privacy and that is why we have set out our information practices in this Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement will apply when you use our website to discover more information about Sono-System AG and its products or when you purchase products and/or services from Sono-System AG. We explain the types of data that Sono-System AG may collect and hold, how that data is used and with whom the data is shared. We also set out how you can contact us if you have any queries or concerns about your personal information.
This Privacy Statement is applicable to data collected by Sono-System AG, Switzerland.
List of sections
Click on the relevant heading to move to that section.
- What data Sono-System AG needs
- Why Sono-System AG collects Personal Data
- How Sono-System AG collects Personal Data
- Making a purchase via Sono-System AG
- Your preferences
- When Sono-System AG discloses Personal Data
- Postings to Forums
- Security of collected data
- Cookies and web beacons
- Access to your Personal Data
- Links to other sites
- Children's privacy (children 14 years of age and under)
- Contacting us
1. What data Sono-System AG needs
In general, you can visit Sono-System AG’s websites on the Internet without telling us who you are and without providing any Personal Data. There are times, however, where not providing the minimum necessary data as indicated in the relevant data entry sections and other pages in the relevant website, may result in Sono-System AG not being able to sell you products and/or provide you with certain services, including after sales services and update services.
2. Why Sono-System AG collects Personal Data
Personal Data means any data related to an identified or identifiable person, such as your name, age, telephone number, e-mail and mailing address ("Personal Data").
Sono-System AG would like to collect, maintain and use your Personal Data to:
- fulfill its obligations under any sale and purchase contract, including the processing of any payment, as well as any other contract with you;
- provide customer care, including services related to Sono-System AG businesses, such as warranty and after sales services;
- ask your opinions on Sono-System AG products and services and conduct product surveys;
- facilitate and process your searches and requests for information on Sono-System AG and its products and services;
- provide you with the latest Sono-System AG products and services information, including upgrades and special offers in which you may be interested;
- improve Sono-System AG products and services for you;
- conduct prize draws, contests and other promotional offers; and
- consider employing you if these data are requested on one of Sono-System AG’s job application websites.
3. How Sono-System AG collects Personal Data
Sono-System AG collects data about you in several ways. For example, we might ask for your contact information when you correspond with Sono-System AG, call Sono-System AG to make a purchase or request service, register your purchased product for after sales service or for upgrades, register to participate in an online survey or to any promotional offers, chat rooms, or on bulletin boards.
Here are some of the most typical examples of how Sono-System AG collects your Personal Data.
- When you register a Sono-System AG product or service, we will collect your name, address data and the product or model name, etc;
- When you purchase a product from us and submit your payment details to us (see section 4 below, for further details);
- When you ask our customer service for help, we will keep a record of your name, the product(s) you bought, the technical issues at hand, and our advice to you, etc.
- When you want to participate in online communities, we need to record your account details and preferences. Some of our web sites allow for some personalisation of the content according to your interests, in which case we are recording your preferences.
- Keeping a record of your contact details and any resulting financial transaction in the context of a repair
Data collected online may also be combined with data you provide to Sono-System AG at other times. For example, during product registrations, calls to our company or at public events, such as exhibitions and trade shows. The Personal Data you provide in these cases may be consolidated with existing databases and stored, so that our customer data management systems are simplified.
4. Making a purchase via Sono-System AG
When you make a purchase via this website, you are purchasing products and/or services from Sono-System AG. Sono-System AG will be the data controller of your Personal Data and we will record information about your purchases.
The Personal Data you provide in placing an order (such as your name, address and other details) is collected.
Whether you make an order online or over the telephone, Sono-System AG will use your Personal Data to complete the sale and provide product and after sales support to you. Your Personal Data may be combined with other information we hold about you as a customer, such as details of other purchases you have made from Sono-System AG. This information is used to provide you with better service and a more personalised experience. Sono-System AG may also analyse purchase information to learn more about their customers' shopping preferences in general. If you have any other queries regarding the handling of your Personal Data, please send an email to email@example.com
If you agree, Sono-System AG may also use your Personal Data to send you updates and details of offers relating to products or services by post, email, telephone or text message. If you would like to stop receiving these offers and updates please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Your preferences
The Personal Data we collect may be stored in different databases. Sono-System AG makes every effort to take into account the various preferences you may have expressed over time in order to process your data in a consistent way. If for any reason you receive incorrect data, the Sono-System AG Customer Service can be contacted at the address set out in section 13.
6. When Sono-System AG discloses Personal Data
Sono-System AG will not disclose Personal Data to third parties ("3Ps") without your consent, except in the following cases:
Personal Data may be disclosed to 3Ps to enable the performance of contracts you are party to or for other purposes mentioned in section 4. Sono-System AG uses other companies to perform functions on its behalf, such as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mails, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and providing customer services. Such companies will have access to Personal Data needed to perform these functions, but may not use it for any other purpose and are required to process the data in accordance with applicable law.
- do not use the Personal Data for any other purposes than those permitted;
- obtain and process Personal Data only on condition that they protect that Personal Data from unauthorised use and adopt and comply with similarly stringent policies and terms on Personal Data protection and use; and
- comply strictly with applicable laws.
Anonymous or generic data (including "generic" statistics) from which you cannot be identified are excluded from use, processing, disclosure, transmission and other Personal Data use restrictions.
7. Postings to Forums
Postings on certain Sono-System AG websites (whether in chat rooms, on message boards or via other methods of communication within the Forums) will generally be available to, and freely accessible by, other users of Sono-System AG Forums. Therefore, users should not expect any information they post to be kept private or confidential and they are encouraged to exercise discretion when using the Sono-System AG Forums. Additionally, your member name will always be posted in conjunction with your posting in the Sono-System AG Forums.
8. Security of collected data
Sono-System AG intends to protect your Personal Data and to maintain its quality. Sono-System AG will use all reasonable efforts to take all appropriate technical and organisational measures and precautions to keep Personal Data it holds about you secure and protected from unauthorised access, use or alteration and unlawful destruction. Measures include using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data, such as credit card details. SSL encryption is designed to make the data unreadable by anyone but us.
How Sono-System AG protects your data:
- we limit access to your Personal Data. Only those employees who need to come into contact with that data, to provide products and services to you, will do so;
- we have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with regulations to protect your Personal Data; and
- we allow for your account data to be password protected.
As general best practice on the internet, it is recommended that individuals do not use trivial login names and passwords. Passwords should contain a combination of letters and numbers, be kept securely and changed periodically.
9. Cookies and web beacons
Certain Sono-System AG websites may employ an industry-wide technology called "cookies". These are small pieces of data that are placed on your hard disk drive when you access a website or a certain part of a website. Cookies help Sono-System AG understand which parts of its websites are the most popular, where Sono-System AG visitors are going, and how much time they spend there.
Cookies may also be used to recognise your computer next time you visit a website. This might save you time (e.g. by ensuring that you do not have to register again) or help you by customising your internet settings.
If you do not wish to accept cookies, they can be disabled by referring to your browser manufacturer’s instructions. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions. For example, in Internet Explorer, you can go to the Tools/Internet options/Security and Privacy Tabs to adapt the browser to your expectations.
Web beacons, also known as single pixel or clear gif technology, or action tags, may be used on our site. This technology tells us which visitors clicked on key elements (such as links or graphics) on a Sono-System AG Web page or a Sono-System AG email. When you ask us to send you information on a promotion or a newsletter, we may use web beacons to establish which emails are actually opened. We use this information in order to optimise our content and services.
These Web beacons usually work in conjunction with cookies. If you don't want your cookie information to be associated with your visits to these pages, you can set your browser to turn off cookies. In Microsoft Outlook 2003 or similar, downloading of pictures can be turned off on a site by site basis.
10. Access to your Personal Data
You have the right to access your Personal Data, and to rectify or delete inaccuracies in your Personal Data, and to object to the processing of your Personal Data.
If you would like to view, correct, amend or update your Personal Data stored in Sono-System AG’s database, contact Sono-System AG at the address given in section 13 below by e-mail, fax, phone or letter. For privacy protection reasons, you will be asked to provide some proof of identification.
If you would like to unsubscribe from an email sent to you, follow the 'unsubscribe' link and/or instructions placed (typically) at the bottom of the mail. If you use more than one e-mail address to shop or contact Sono-System AG, unsubscribe from each e-mail account you use.
11. Links to other sites
Some Sono-System AG websites may contain links to other websites that are not operated by Sono-System AG. Sono-System AG does not share your Personal Data with those websites (other than as described in section 6). While Sono-System AG tries to link only to sites that share Sono-System AG's high standards and respect for privacy, Sono-System AG is not responsible for the content, security, or privacy practices employed by other sites and expressly disclaims all liability associated with your use of such other sites and the content found there.
12. Children’s privacy (children 14 years of age and under)
Sono-System AG does not knowingly solicit or collect Personal Data from or about children (aged 14 and under) without the consent of a parent or guardian, and Sono-System AG does not knowingly market its products or services to children. If Sono-System AG becomes aware that the person submitting Personal Data, through any part of Sono-System AG’s websites, is a child, Sono-System AG will use reasonable efforts to delete that Personal Data from its files as soon as possible. Sono-System AG will also use reasonable efforts to ensure that this Personal Data is not used for any purpose, nor disclosed to any 3P. As Sono-System AG does not seek to collect any Personal Data about children, and Sono-System AG deletes any data collected inadvertently as soon as it is discovered, Sono-System AG retains no data about children that could be reviewed or deleted. If a parent requests review or deletion of data about their child before Sono-System AG has discovered and deleted the data, then Sono-System AG will of course honour that request.
13. Contacting us
If you need further assistance or would like to make a comment, please e-mail email@example.com or contact us at the following address: